Reading: A Spicy Twist On A Classic Burger
A Spicy Twist On A Classic Burger
This recipe includes one go my new favourite flavour combinations: jalapeños and pineapple. These burgers are sweet, spicy, and super savoury (thanks to the addition of ground bacon) which is exactly what I’m looking for to impress my guests during BBQ season.
1 jalapeño pepper
1/4 lb ground bacon
1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp bread crumbs
1. Chop Jalapeño Pepper into small pieces.
2. Chop your pineapple into small pieces. you want the pineapple chopped small enough so it will cook evenly and not break apart in your burger.
3. Mix your jalapeño, pineapple and the rest of your ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Pre-heat your grill to sear.
5. Grill for 10 minutes of each side, you have to cook this burger throughly since there is quite a bit of ground bacon.
6. Add your favourite condiments, and enjoy
Pro Tip: If you are worried about the spice level make sure to remove all the seed from your pepper.
Pro Tip: When making your burgers use a kitchen scale to ensure sizing accuracy this will help keep consistency when cooking.
Pro Tip: grill some extra slices of pineapple with your burger, they make great toppings or sides.
This post is brought you in partnership with Hamilton Beach. Obsession with adding bacon to everything is completely our own.