Reading: Carrot Muffins Topped With Heavenly Cream Cheese Icing
Carrot Muffins Topped With Heavenly Cream Cheese Icing
Not only are these carrot muffins tender and moist, they are extremely delicious. Especially with a healthy dollop of cream cheese icing.
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp clove
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp bring soda
1/2 c plain yogurt
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 cups peeled, shredded carrots
1 package of softened cream cheese
1/2 c unsalted butter
2 c icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 section muffin tin
1. Pre Heat your oven to 375.
2. Mix your wet ingredients ( yogurt, butter and eggs) in your stand mixer until smooth.
3. Add your shredded carrots and slowly add your dry ingredients.
4. Spoon your muffin mix into your lined muffin tins.
5. Bake immediately in your pre heated oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Icing:
1. Add butter, cream cheese and vanilla in your stand mixer and beat on high until fluffy.
2. Once creamed, slowly incorporate your icing sugar on a low speed.
3. Once your muffins have cooled, place your icing in a piping bag and get icing.
Pro Tip: Don’t over mix your muffins, this will effect how they rise.
Pro Tip: For consistently I like to use a ice cream scoop, its an easy way to keep an even portion.
This post is brought you in partnership with Hamilton Beach. Obsession with cream cheese icing is completely our own.