Reading: Crème Fraîche Ice Cream Is The Decadent Dessert You Deserve
Crème Fraîche Ice Cream Is The Decadent Dessert You Deserve
Have you ever tasted Crème Fraîche? If not, the time is now. It’s sweet, tart and it makes an excellent addition to fresh fruit, cooked fruit, apple pies, stressful day and everything!
Crème Fraîche Ice Cream Ingredients:
175g caster sugar
600g full-fat crème fraîche
zest of 1 lemon
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. In a sauce pan whisk together the milk, sugar, crème fraîche, lemon zest and vanilla.
2. Set aside for 10 mins for the sugar to melt.
3. Place mixture in ice-cream machine and let the churning begin
4. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using the Ice Cream maker.
5. Before freezing give your ice cream a good whisk and return to the freezer for another hour to solid up before eating.
Pro Tip: Try making your own crème fresh! Recipe below.
Crème Fraîche Recipe
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp cultured butter milk (If you don’t have butter milk you can use fresh lemon juice although this will change the flavor slightly)
1. Combine cream and buttermilk in a glass jar.
2. Cover tightly with cheesecloth or other breathable material and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
3. Stir, screw on lid, and refrigerate for 24 hours before using to allow to fully thicken.
4. Can be kept refrigerated up to 1 week.
This post is brought you in partnership with Hamilton Beach. Obsession with gourmet ice cream is completely our own.